Your holidays will be even more enjoyable if you whip up a batch of easy cannabis infused gingerbread cookies. They make the perfect dessert or snack item. They are seasonal, fun, and they promote relaxation.
We came across a great recipe for easy cannabis infused gingerbread cookies care of CannaCook, that we would love to share with you. Here’s everything you need to know.
How to Make Easy Cannabis Infused Gingerbread Cookies
Ingredients Needed for Easy Cannabis Infused Gingerbread Cookies
- 2/3 cup cannabutter (These are available at the SCSA store)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup molasses
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 tsp. allspice
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- cookie cutters (ideally Christmas themed)
- Mix Dry Ingredients: Combine flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and allspice in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Mix Wet Ingredients: Mix cannabutter in a separate bowl until it’s smooth and creamy. Add brown sugar and molasses to the butter and mix until creamy with no clumps. Add egg and vanilla extract and beat for 2 minutes.
- Mix Wet and Dry Ingredients Together: Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients mixing them in slowly to produce a thick, sticky consistency.
- Prepare the Gingerbread Dough: Divide the dough in half and flatten each piece. Wrap in plastic and place in the refrigerator to chill for 2 hours. After two hours, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Take the gingerbread out of the refrigerator and place it on a lightly floured surface. Press cookie cutters into the dough and transfer the cut pieces onto a large baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes until they are firm.
- Allow cookies to cool and enjoy.
How To Enjoy Your Easy Cannabis Infused Gingerbread Cookies
There are so many ways to enjoy easy cannabis infused gingerbread cookies. Here are a few suggestions.
- Bring Them to Your Holiday Party: If you are going to a potluck party, why not make cannabis-infused gingerbread cookies the item you bring? Note, be sure your host and all-party members are aware that your cookies have a little extra something-something!
- Give Them as a Gift: Your easy cannabis infused gingerbread cookies will make a terrific gift for friends and family members that like to indulge.
- Eat Them Yourself: You may just choose to eat your easy cannabis infused gingerbread cookies yourself. Have them for Christmas breakfast or enjoy them as an after-dinner dessert.
Words of Warning
Easy cannabis infused gingerbread cookies make a terrific gift or potluck item, but there are a few things you should be aware of when you serve them at your parties. These include:
Keep Them Out of Reach of Anyone Under 21: Children may see the cookies and be tempted to eat them because they aren’t aware of what’s inside. It’s best to keep your cookies completely out of sight of minors to ensure they aren’t consumed by someone underage. In fact, you may not want to bring them to a party where people under 21 are present, just to be safe.
Eat with Caution: Edibles tend to be stronger than smokeable products. This is because they are processed through the liver rather than the lungs. The liver produces a special molecule during processing which makes the cannabis hit harder. The effects can also be stronger depending on your size, metabolism, and whether you have eaten during the day.
Edibles Take Longer to Hit: The fact that the digestive system processes edible cannabis items means they take longer to hit. It can take 30 minutes or more before cannabis affects you. It’s advisable not to consume more edibles because you think they aren’t working. Doing so can cause you to take more than you can handle.
Start off Slow: If you are not experienced with edibles, it’s best to start of slow until you determine how much you can handle. The recommended dose for edibles is 10mg of THC but you may want to start out with 5 mg or even 2.5 mg. You can work your way up once you see how it affects you.
Use the Right Dosage: For best results, use as much cannabutter in a recipe as you would butter. So if the recipe calls for a ¼ cup butter, use ¼ cannabutter. But be aware that the cannabutter will be responsible for making the product potent. The budtender or store menu will show you how much THC is in the strain. If there is a high THC content, serve smaller portions to ensure no one gets more THC than they can handle.
Don’t Let Peer Pressure Guide Your Decisions: You may see your friends indulging in easy cannabis infused gingerbread cookies and other edibles and you may be tempted to keep up. But remember, everyone responds to edibles differently. Listen to your body to ensure you don’t overdo it. Overdosing on cannabis isn’t typically dangerous, but it can be unpleasant.
Edibles are a terrific way to celebrate the holiday season. A delicious batch of easy cannabis infused gingerbread cookies are the ideal item to serve, give as a gift, or enjoy on your own. Will you be adding them to your festivities?